Ransom of Talnivarr, Has just reformed in Cata after its break since ICC, We aim to become one of the best on the server as we did in WoTLK. If you think you have what it takes to be part of Ransom make an apply in the forums!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Declined]Selyn Level 80 Retribution Paladin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Selyn

PostSubject: [Declined]Selyn Level 80 Retribution Paladin   Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:45 am

- Character Name:
Selyn

- Class and Level:
Paladin 80

- Spec:
Retribution

- Professions:
Jewelcrafting 450 Enchanting 438 Cooking 450 Fishing 358
(Maximizing Enchanting and Fishing soon)

- Armory Profile (Please link):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&cn=Selyn

- Other Characters (80+):
Fire Mage http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&cn=%C3%89lva
Blood DK Tank http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodhoof&cn=Yiolada
I mostly play on them when i do not have anything to do with the Paladin.

- Previous Guilds:

Well starting from Vanilla all the way until TBC I was on Industry SR (I was alliance back then played as Human Paladin) cleared all contest. Then when TBC came out most people from guild decided to quit WoW so we disbanded that’s when I decided to roll Blood Elf Paladin to play with my friends on Talnivarr. I started at Reawaken fuzzy guild with funny people but scrubs they could not keep up with tactics or raid attendance so I decided to leave and start a solo carrier with lots of pugging and lots of PvPing. Time passed and BOOM WotLK hit. Reawaken was reformed with better people (as I thought) so I rejoined but again people were not active and failed in most Naxxramas/EoE encounters so I left and pugged all the way through Naxx. As time passed we where waiting for the next threat of Northern Ulduar and the mighty Yogg-Saron. Then I joined Vrede cleared Ulduar and TotC25 before disband. Then I was solo once more and pugged my TotC25. At last 3.3.3 came and with it ICC the hardest contest of WotLK Expansion. Pugged the first 3 quarters on 10 and 2 first quarter on 25. Then some in game friends of mine decided to form a 25 man serious guild named Asphyxia which I joined. Did 10/12 on 25 and we where ready to proceed to HM contest when leader and some Officers decided to transfer to another server (they were accepted to a better progressing guild than Asphyxia) they ninja Guild Bank and last Raids Loot. As u may have already understood we disbanded and I was guild less once more. So I decided to apply at Ress plz my last guild on ICC so far. Cleared all contest on 25 except some HM.

- Why did you leave last Guild?:
I left Ress plz because when summer came many people went for vacation. Most of raids were cancelled and lots of main raiders’ left. So I decided to leave too.

- Is this your account and you have worked this char to lvl 80 and collected the gear it has?
Yes

- Previous MMORPGs:
Lineage 2, Diablo 2,

- What is your rotation/priority order in a normal boss encounter?
As most people know Paladin’s do have a FCFS(First Come First Serve) rather than a rotation(if u want I can explain what FCFS means in a reply to this thread or in game). U need to start with the following order before using FCFS which is JudgmentDivine Storm(Since of the 2/4 bonus of Lightsworne Retribution set which reset DS cool down with single hits) Crusader Strike(Always served when DS is on CD because it counts as normal hit which may proc 2/5 Lightsworne set Bonus, but because of its low cool down spamming it provides more dps than DS)Consecration(DoT)and last Exorcism IF and only IF DS is on CDand then FCFS follows give priority on JudgmentCS(if DS is on cool down)then DS Consecration(which I always keep up when cool down if off).Thus popping Divine Plea and Arcane Torrent for Mana in order for it to be constantly up and never go down(Mostly use DP when I am running quiet low on mana or when all damaging Spells except maybe Holy Wrath is on cool down). I also use Divine Plea 0.5secs before encounter begins this is illustrated to that I do not have to bother to use DP in the middle of the fight constantly thus increasing my DPS. Arcane Torrent if off GCD so does not matter when I am going to use it I does not affect my DPS or FCFS.

- Why have you chosen to play this spec, and explain your talent choices?
Now regarding Spec I have tried all 3 specs of the Paladin meaning that I have played As DPS, Healer and Tank, but I Loved Retribution(DPS)spec since the very beginning which I find the most funny and cool? spec to play. About Tree build there 3 Ways to Spend your Talents as Retribution
1. 11/5/55 is considered the highest benefit to raids.
2. 5/11/55 is considered the best personal benefit, but it also allows for warriors not to have to demo shout, nor have a pally tank spec into it. If your guild is "good" on aura masteries, then this is the definite choice.
3. 5/7/59 was our best spec coming into ICC, but the changes to Divine Sacrifice made it more of a PvP talent. If you're dual specced and don't really tank/heal much, then using one of the above specs for PvE and a PvP spec with Divine Sacrifice would be the best way to go, in my opinion. I chose number 11/5/55. It has the standard spec of 5/5/55 which provides me with Seal of Command(I used to play 12/5/54) for trash and some bosses encounters such as LDW, Gunship Battle probably for PP(to nuke Oozes rather that stacking Seal of Corruption on them and because if I switch target from PP to ooze and back maybe the SoC DoT might wear off PP) and VDW.Then I spec 5 points on Prot Talent Tree at Divine Strength to boost my Strength by 5%(Strength is the main paragon of my dps). Last but not Least I spec 5/5 at Righteous Seals of Holy Spec to increase my seal and Judgment Damage by 5 %(quiet awesome with the 4/5set bonus set Wink) this is the standard spec. Now I have 6 Talent Points which is Free to Spend Either on Holy,Prot or Retri Tree build.I Chose to spend this 6 on Holy At Enlighment in exchange of 5% more Mana(because in some encounters I went out of mana) and the last Point I specced on Aura Mastery most DPS Paladin’s find it useless but I can not say this because it Increases all Auras Effect for 100% and Prevents People affected by Concentration Aura to be immune on Silence or Cast Prevents Spell much the ones of Death bound Ward trash on ICC. Also gives a slight DPS boost on when using Retribution aura. Also useful for AoE Boss Spells such us the Frostbolts on LDW(Frost Resistance Aura quite helpful on heroic mode),PP(Shadow Resistance Aura for all of his Mechanics)and for others ICC encounter and mostly on Heroic Mode.

Glyph setup:

I have variety of 5 Major Glyph PvE to use which are:
Glyph of Consecration, Glyph of Judgment, Glyph of Exorcism, Seal of Vengeance, Holy Wrath If u have the proper gear for Expertise cap u go for Consecration Judgment, Exorcism (u can change Exorcism for Holy Wrath if u do not have the 2/5 set bonus of the Lightsworne, but it also very useful on LDW on HC to nuke adds quickly).As stated above the above 3 are the ones which gives the maximum benefit for your damaging Spells and the Fourth is Raid helpful. Now if u do not have the proper gear to cap your expertise u replace Glyph of Exorism(because it comes always late the first Serve order or after at the FCFS)with Glyph of Seal of Vengeance means that u have to exchange +20% Exorcism damage for 10 Expertise points.
Secondly I use Glyph of Judgment my main damaging and first on FCFS spell improved by Seal of Righteous Talent and 4/5 Lightsworne bonus set plus 10% more damage it is great benefit for my dps.
Last Glyph of Consecration which increases the duration and cool down of my Consecration ability by 2 seconds, really astonished since I save a lot of mana and gives me plenty time Serve more spells.
About my minor glyphs I use Glyph on Seal of Wisdom reduce the mana cost seal by 50% really helpful if I run out of mana I can activate it and get mana up.
Also I use Glyph of Lay on Hands reduce the cool down on LoH by 5mins really nice since I can cast it approximately once every fight.
My last I use Seal of Sense Undead increases damage against undead by 1% nothing to say the glyph talks for itself .

Gem Setup:
Now regarding Gemming. Starting with Meta socket there are 2 Meta socket which u could use. First is Relentless Earthsiege Diamond 21Agility 3%Critical Strike Rating. Requires 1 Blue 1 Red and 1 Yellow socket or else a Nightmare’s Tear and the other is Chaotic Skyflare Diamond 21 Critical strike and 3%Critical Strike Rating(mostly used for caster)I want to notice here that Chaotic provides more Critical then Relentless but in exchange of 1 Yellow for 1 Blue gem, needing to replace Nightmare’s tear and 1 Bold Cardinal Ruby for 2 Sovereign Dreadstone to meet the requirements to activate the Meta socket, but also depends on Your gear again if u have enough critical to be stress free for AotW to proc when u server Exorcism. I chose Relentless because I have enough critical for AotW to proc and I gem one more Bold Cardinal Ruby instead of a Sovereign Dreadstone. Considering other gemming I Go for Bold Cardinal Ruby (+20 Strength) on red slots and Inscribed Ametrine on Yellow Slots instead of Full Strength gemming because, of course Strength is the main element of my dps boost, but I prefer to Socket also 10 Strength and 10 Critical Strike on yellow slots not only to activate Socket Bonus but also to have enough Critical for AotW to proc for a free Exorcism or Flash of Light cast. Also Critical comes second on the list after Strength that profits my DPS so I chose instead of Full Strength gemming to Gem Inscribed Ametrine on Yellow slots. Last but not least because of Nightmare’s Tear (Prismatic unique Gem) socket I socket it in the Blue Socket Slot on my chest to activate Socket bonus because Lightsworne Chestpiece needs 1 Red and 1 Blue gem and get 8 more strength for socket bonus all the other blue gems slots get a Bold Cardinal Ruby.

You:

Q: How old are you?:
17 years old.

Q: Nationality?:
Greece.

Q: Pre-TBC raid experience:
ZG: Cleared
AQ Ruins: Cleared
AQ Temple: Cleared
BWL: Cleared
Upper BRS: Cleared
Naxxramas 40: Cleared
MC: Cleared

Q: TBC-raid experience:
Now at TBC cleared almost all raids:
Karajan: Cleared
Zul’Aman Cleared
Grull’s Lair: Cleared
Black Temple: Cleared except Illdan Strormrage
Serpent Shrine Cavern; Cleared except Lady Vash
Tempest Keep-The Eye: Cleared except Kael’Thas the Sunstrider.
Battle for Mount Hyjal: Cleared except Archimonde.

Q: WotLK-raid experience:
Now about WotLK Contest I have:
Naxx 10/25: Cleared
OS 3D 10/25: Cleared
EoE 10/25: Cleared
Ulduar 10/25: Cleared
TotC 10/25: Cleared
TotGC 10 cleared 49 ties and TotGC 25 4/5 tried Anub’Arak on 25 HC but not cleared.
ICC 10: 9/12 on 10 and 5HM.
ICC 25: 12/12 on 25 with 7 Hardmodes

Q: Do you have Ventrilo v3.x?:
Yes.

Q: Do you have a microphone to go along with that?
Yes.

Q: Would you be able to spend an entire evening just trying and learning an encounter?
Of course.

Q: Also would you be willing to join a raid late even if it was to 11/12?
Yes.

Q: If we are close to getting a boss down would you be willing to stay past the set raid time end of 23:30?
Yes.

Q: Will you turn up to every wednesday and thursday raid?
Yes.

Q: Do you try and keep up to date with current theory on your class?
Yes I always keep up to date about the mechanics and changes about my class to provide the best I can from my class. I am not only reading the change log but also forums in MMOChampion and more
WoW sites.

Presentation:

* Do you have any other open applications with any other guilds at this time?
No.

* Why do you want to join Ransom?

I want a progressing guild with nice people to cope with and meet end game contests.

* People in Ransom that you know?
Voltage.

* IRL interests, hobbies, work, girl/boyfriend, school etc:
Dancing, football and gym.

* Why should we consider recruiting you? (Sell yourself... This is an important question):
I can provide a very helpful raid member. I always read and watch about boss mechanics and tactics more than twice especially for new encounters to be sure that I will not fail. I will always come prepared with Food, Pots and Fish Feast if I am asked to. I always enchant and gem my gear with the best possible existing. I also am always focused on Boss Encounters and extremely careful not to fail not only on new but also on cleared ones. I am also aware that my gear is not exceptional. I am open to criticism if it is done so i can improve myself and i can change for the need of the guild or raid(I am talking about spec and glyphs). Last but not least I am an easy going person with quiet a sense of humor not afraid to talk and communicate with others.[url][/url]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Margarett
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Selyn Level 80 Retribution Paladin   Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:32 pm

hey dude thanks for the epic apply Razz nice to see you put some effort into it.The thing is we already have 4 ret palys fighting for the 2 spots we allocate them in raids. I would accept u but i dont think you will get into raids due to your gear, but i saw u know volatage so if u like i can take you on but i really dont think u will get a spot in many raids.i will leave the final decision up to you, if you want to join reply on here or speak to me in game if you dont wish to join just say so on here and if this is the case i wish you good look with finding another guild
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ransom.simplygaming.org

[Declined]Selyn Level 80 Retribution Paladin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1